FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY !!!! - Sign Up for Newsletter to Enter!!

FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY!!!! Sign up for my Sweet Mailing List
to receive Members Only Newsletter & Discounts!
Hosting by YMLP.com

Friday, February 15, 2008

Independent Designer Friday - Tada! Designs

The Independent Designer of the Week is Tada! Designs - a funky and unique shop at Etsy specializing in fun art pieces!

Here is my favorite product from Tada! Designs - I Am Family - a unique sign created with handpainted black letters on glass. What and elegant art piece for your family or living room.

I asked Beth of Tada! Designs a few questions about the craft business!


How would you describe your crafts/Etsy shop?

It's a fun collection of my imaginings...paper mache' ornies, handpainted glass signs, framed initials, wooden baby signs...

How did you get started?

I've just always been an artsy sort of girl, graduated from college with a degree in Interior Design, and began staying home when my children were born. I had to have some sort of creative outlet & always loved to paint my furniture. When I realized that furniture was too much of a pain to ship, I decided to concentrate on my smaller stuff.

How long have you been crafting?
Ever since I can remember...2ish???

What is your inspiration?
nature, other crafters, using what I have on hand, garage sale finds.

What is your favorite piece in your shop today?
I LOVE my "I am Family" sign, & soon to be released "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" glass sign.

How do you market/advertise your wares?
By being involved in GOOD groups such as DSM, Interiordesignetsy, & Oketsy. I also have fun trading biz cards with others. This past fall I painted 200 baby signs for 200 gifts bags for a swanky Mommies Who Shop Holiday Market in Boston, MA & THAT was a fun challenge!

Any advice to fledgling crafters / entrepreneurs?
I was so nervous about going online...I was afraid I'd get too busy or that people wouldn't like my stuff! So, if anyone feels like me, my advice is to just jump in with both feet & just try it :-) It's never as bad as you think it will be. In fact, it's fun!!

Thanks Tada! Designs- keep on satisfying our desire for fresh, funky art!! :>

1 comment:

tadadesigns said...

Thank you so much! That was fun :-)