FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY !!!! - Sign Up for Newsletter to Enter!!

FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY!!!! Sign up for my Sweet Mailing List
to receive Members Only Newsletter & Discounts!
Hosting by YMLP.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Going Green - Talking Trash






I often think about and research ways to help the environment. I especially think about reducing my waste. I use cloth diapers, reusable grocery bags, recycle all paper and cardboard and plastic, glass and aluminum.


I found some facts from Better Homes and Gardens that I want to pass to you. I always wondered what became of the items I recycled - here is some cool information.


Recycled Glass becomes food containers, tiles, landscaping pebbles and road surfacing.


Paper becomes newsprint, boxes, insulation, and animal bedding. **One Sunday paper recycled each month saves a tree a year!!!


Aluminum becomes beverage cans, cookware, bike parts, and tennis rackets. Steel becomes new steel and could become auto parts, filing cabinets or appliances.


Plastic turns into alot of things. #1 and #2 plastics become beverage and shampoo bottles, pipes, fleece, fencing, deck planks and gutters.


Want a cool shopping tote - check some out like the one pictured above out at my Etsy store - http://www.simplesweetcakes.etsy.com/ .


Now you can feel good knowing where your recycled items end up! Good Kharma :>

No comments: