FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY !!!! - Sign Up for Newsletter to Enter!!

FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY!!!! Sign up for my Sweet Mailing List
to receive Members Only Newsletter & Discounts!
Hosting by YMLP.com

Friday, March 7, 2008

Independent Designer Friday - Beach Haus Designs

The Independent Designer of the Week is Beach Haus Designs - a fantastic Etsy shop specializing in limited edition jewelery that sparkles and shines!

Here is my favorite piece from Beach Haus Designs - The Jenny Necklace - from the website - http://www.beachhausdesigns.com/. What a delicious raspberry shade - a very FRESH addition to your spring wardrobe.

I asked June of Beach Haus Designs a few questions about the craft business!

How would you describe your crafts/Etsy shop?
It is an extentison of our website with a few beautiful pieces of jewerly on it. We are looking forward to expanding our collection on Etsy in the near future.

How did you get started?
I was creating jewelry as a hobby & as gifts for friends and family when people started asking to buy my jewelry. My first sale was a sparkly shamrock bracelet!

How long have you been crafting?
Honestly, all my life! My mother was a huge crafter and really made it fun for myself & my sisters. So for me to be creating jewelry is such a natural thing........I have been creating jewelry specifically for about 10 years now.

What is your inspiration?
I am inspired by my two beautiful daughters & supportive husband. I love to travel pretty much everywhere as well as we spend a lot of time at the beach in Florida and in Northern Michigan. The sand, the water & the sunsets are huge sources of inspiration everyday! Being a southern girl I love feminine, girly, fun things and that reflects a lot in what I design.

What is your favorite piece in your shop today?
In the etsy shop- I love the Rosie Posie Bracelet http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9725646
At our online store- I love the Olive Necklace http://beachhausdesigns.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=175

How do you market/advertise your wares?
We advertise in some regional magazines as well as we do quite a bit of web marketing, newsletters, postcards as well as we have our web address on everything we send or give out. Really helps to get the store name & website out to customers.

Any advice to fledgling crafters / entrepreneurs?
Don't give up. If you feel this is your calling in life then go for it! Sometimes it is learning a better way of doing things, marketing it differently, trying different shows, etc....I found that once I try something & it doesn't work then we try something else and try not to keep repeating the same mistakes. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from others that are being successful. Mentors are a great thing!

Thanks June - for your information and a bit of sparkle and bling!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

beautiful necklace! great feature!