FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY !!!! - Sign Up for Newsletter to Enter!!

FREE WRISTLET MONTHLY!!!! Sign up for my Sweet Mailing List
to receive Members Only Newsletter & Discounts!
Hosting by YMLP.com

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Quote of the Week!


And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.


~Abraham Lincoln


I have this fear that seems to crop up a few times a year - a fear of death. A fear of not being around to see my kids. A fear of missing "something". A fear of having regret. A fear that I have let a moment, a taste, a sound, a smell, a _______ slip by.
That fear translates itself many ways - There are times that I have had a rough day because of life and I may have been a "mean mommy" as a result of it. I have found myself choked up with emotion and crawling into bed with my 3 year old to lay with him and cry that the day is over and it's gone. What I had said or done that I regret is now a part of history that I can't take back from that day. I hadn't put life into my day.

What President Lincoln said is magic to me. Is this the answer to living a full life no matter how long you are here?
My resolution this year is to put in as much life as I can into each day and NOT to be afraid of what I might miss because I know that I will make every moment last as long as I can hold on to it.

How are you going to put life into your years?

No comments: